Tax Audit Defense Law FirmIf there's one thing you should never do yourself without the help of a qualified attorney and accountant is go through an IRS or New York State Department of Taxation audit. You may have to pay additional taxes, fines and interest, and even be subjected to criminal prosecution. A tax audit may even result in an investigation of and prosecution for other issues. But it's not all bad news: in many cases, if a tax audit is done properly, you may not have to pay anything and may even get a refund from the IRS for tax deductions your accountant may have failed to take advantage of. The Storobin Law Firm has many years of experience and we know how to defend you if you are being audited by the IRS or NYS Department of Taxation.
Why Choose The Storobin Law Firm for your tax audit?
- You will be defended by a team made up of a tax attorney and an accountant.
- We will prepare you for the audit and tell you what to say and what not to. We will help you get the documents you need to defend yourself.
- We will be with you at the audit.
- We will seek to limit the chances of expanding the audit to other years and issues.
- We will work to reduce the odds of a criminal prosecution. If you are already facing a criminal investigation, we have the right experience as criminal defense lawyers to protect you.
- Our lead attorney David Storobin is a former New York State Senator who has been interviewed by and profiled in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and other major publications. Investor's Business Daily called him a "global legal expert."
- New York Supreme Court Justice Joseph Silverman declared that David Storobin, Esq. is "an asset to the legal profession".
- Pay a flat fee you can afford. Credit cards, paypal, cash and checks are accepted.
Why is the IRS auditing my taxes?
- About 80% of IRS audits were tagged by the IRS Computer which has a model for ranking taxpayer risk.
- Your claimed expenses appear too high for your income.
- Your occupation is judged to be at a higher risk of malfeasance by the IRS.
- Previous IRS Problems and prior lost disputes with the IRS.
- Random IRS Selection is the least likely reason you are audited.
Tax Audit Defense Fees
- Initial Consultation: Free for potential clients
- Attorneys' fee: $1,999
- Accountant's fee (optional): add $999